Information & Intellectual Property Concepts in Science Fiction/Fantasy
A preliminary bibliography
Information Concepts in SF
- He She & It - Marge Piercy - "info wants to be free"
- Delany - Stars In My Pocket Like Grains of Sand: universal wireless
- Charlie Strauss - Asimov's - "Lobster"
- Charlie Strauss - "Troubador"
- Spider Robinson "Melancholy Elephant"
- Spider Robinson - Permanence
- Nancy Kress - Analog - "Patent Infringement"
- Greg Egans - Distress
- Always Coming Home - UKL - computer to archive important stuff; otherwise art is
- The Silver Eggheads - Fritz Leiber
- Cordelia's Honor - Lois McMaster Bujold - the constitutional right to
- John Varley
Representations Of Copyright in SF
- Spider Robinson / "Melancholy Elephant"
- Robert Reed / "Think So?" (massive royalties)
- "The Calorie Man" by Paolo Bacigalupi.
- "The Right to Read" by Richard Stallman available at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/right-to-read.html ; first published in the February 1997 issue
of Communications of the ACM (Volume 40, Number 2).
- John Varley / various references, esp. in Sparky Valentine
Librarians in SF
Disputes from within SF
- Ray Bradbury / Fahrenheit 451 complaint about Michael Moore / F 911
- C&Ds at Chilling Effects
SF community copyleftiness
- Cory Doctorow leading charge for free distribution
- Baen giving away many things for free